1. Select the Right Realtor
This is a decision to be made very carefully. Every Realtor is different. They use different marketing techniques, have different personalities, and have different ideas about what sells a home. It is important that you and your Realtor are on the same page to make the process as easy as possible.
Leanne has a reliable customer service driven attitude that you will see in the first meeting.
Selling a property can be intimidating, so Leanne works closely with you through the entire process to make sure you and your home is ready!
1. Get Your Home Ready To Sell
Preparation is everything, especially in a hot market. You want the most out of your investment, so make that investment shine! Before your home goes on the market consider things like curb appeal, required repairs, any updates or renovations that should be done, any rooms that may need a fresh coat of paint, are things clean, organized, and decluttered, and are you going to depersonalize and stage your home. Your Realtor can help you navigate the most important things to do to help sell your home.
3. Price to Sell
Everyone wants the most out of their investment, but market value determines what you will sell your home for…not what you think it is worth. Make sure your Realtor provides you with comparable sales and current market information so you can make an informed decision and price your home to sell.
4. Promotion, Presentation, and Viewings
In order to assist in affecting the sale of your property, I will use reasonable efforts to market the property and promote your interests. Our services include:
- Listing the property on the Multiple Listing Service® of our Board
- Cooperating with brokerages working with buyers
- Advertising the property including www.realtor.ca and/or www.icx.ca
- Advertising the property on social media which will include Facebook and/or Instagram.
- Placing a For Sale sign on the property
- Showing the property at times acceptable to the seller and, if any tenants, subject to tenant's rights.
- Responding to consumer and REALTOR® inquiries
- Showing the property to prospective buyers
- Disclosing in a timely manner to the seller all appropriate facts affecting the transaction known to us
- Keeping the seller informed regarding the progress of the transaction
- Reviewing Contracts of Purchase and Sale submitted for the seller's consideration Assisting the seller in negotiating favourable terms and conditions with a buyer
- Assisting in the completion and possession process
5. The Offer
An offer has come in! All your hard work has paid off!
Your Realtor will review the document with you and assist you in the process. You have the option to accept, counter (most common), or reject the offer. Be open minded and prepared for negotiation. Do not be offended by a lowball offer…negotiations need to start somewhere. Your Realtor will have the expertise to help you get what you deserve.Here are a few things you should be looking for:
Deposit and payment details…how much of a deposit is the buyer providing and are they looking to pay cash or via mortgage?
Conditions…common conditions are financing, home inspection, and insurance.
Inclusions…are there additional items the buyer would like included in the sale (appliances, hot tub, or lawn mower, etc.)
Possession date…the buyers desired date to take possession.
6. Possession Day
Congratulations! Now it is time for your lawyer to draft the necessary paperwork required to transfer ownership of the property. Once the home has transferred to the new owner, you will receive the funds from your lawyer. This usually happens about a week after the possession date.